Sunday, March 01, 2015

Lenten Photo Challenge : Day 11 - Celebrate (#2)


Today is another day to Celebrate special people in my life.

Today I celebrate my kids, Julian and Cora.

They are pretty great kids. I know that most parents say this about their kids, and they should. Parents should be proud of their kids, but not just because they are their kids but because those kids have given them reason to be proud of them.

My kids have made me proud of them many times over.

They are smart, responsible, kind people that are fun to have around and do things with.

I like that they have found their passions and have a good idea of what they want to do in the future.

They have interests that are out of the ordinary and they are okay with that. They are okay having hobbies that most people don't. Historical Re-enacting, gaming, etc... (Cora flies her geek flag almost as high as I do!)

Each is talented in their own way. I wish I could sing half as well as Cora and Julian has surpassed me in shooting ability and knowledge.

I also really like that they still enjoy doing things with Cordelia and I. While it happens less and less often that we are able to do things as a family, we have a great time when we do!

I like that they have conviction in their beliefs and stance on issues. Cora has come to understand that you cannot be someone that people want you to be and that life is too short for drama and Julian grabs on to his interests with a passion that consumes him and has led him to face down those that would try change his belief and found them lacking.

I like that despite me being a goofy, geeky dad, they are not overly embarrassed by me. For that alone, they deserve a prize!

This is one of the hardest things to write about. There is almost too many things I can say about them that I can't actually put it all into words.

Suffice it to say that I am a proud dad and I celebrate that they are such cool kids.

No comments: