Saturday, March 14, 2015

Lenten Photo Challenge: Day 24- Search




This is the fifth time I tried to write something meaningful about the word "search".

I could not really come up with anything. What was I searching for? What do people search for? What are you searching for? I cannot really answer those last two question, but I can answer the first.

I don't think I search for anything.

A happy marriage - found it.

A happy, healthy family - found it.

And great relationship with my family, both immediate and extended. - found it.

A wonderful group of friends - found them.

A nice home, a good job, and a great community to live in. - found it, found it and found it.

Comfort knowing who I am and being comfortable, actually reveling, in who I am. - found it.

So, yeah. Not really sure if I am actively searching for anything.

Sure, I am always searching for new things to try that grab my attention. Searching for more information or knowledge on things that are a passion of mine. Searching for ways to share good times with good people. Searching for ways to be a better person.

But those big things in life that everyone seems to be searching for... I think I found them.

But did I find all of these wonderful things through active searching or did I just get incredibly lucky? Or were they a gift?

Regardless, I am not going to take any of these for granted.

I hope that if you are searching, you find what you are looking for.

No comments: